Whether private labeled or in Arctic’s dynamic retail packaging, adding fresh apple slices to your retail offerings can enhance both your brand and bottom line.
Retailers say Arctic apple slices add healthy options while reducing total costs, including shrink.
Packaging That Stands Out
We’ve designed our packaging to show off the orchard-freshness of the product, while offering multiple sizes and a zipper top for added convenience.
Sweet & Flavorful
Crisp & Juicy
Get Our Complete Product Portfolio
Looking for product specs? A SKU reference guide? Or just more information? Our Product Portfolio has it all!
Try Arctic apples for yourself.
Ready to try a sample? Please reach out. We’re happy to answer application-specific questions.
Grown in the U.S.A.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions,
we have answers.
What are the origins of Arctic apples?
Arctic® apples was founded by longtime apple and cherry growers Neal and Louisa Carter in 1996. While working on agricultural projects around the globe, Neal became passionate about the need to improve food systems and reduce food waste. When he later learned that apple consumption in the U.S. was declining, he saw a practical opportunity to help by creating the world’s most delicious and nutritious snack apple. After more than a decade of research and breeding in the couple’s Okanagan Valley orchards, the Arctic apple was born.
How do Arctic apples stay fresher longer?
Most apples begin browning within minutes of the apple being bitten, sliced or bruised. This is because the damage causes an enzyme called polyphenol oxidase (PPO) to react with the fruit’s phenolic content. This results in a brown-toned melanin that stains the fruit and consumes the fruit’s Vitamin C and antioxidant content. Arctic apples do not release this enzyme, allowing the apples to maintain their natural flavor, appearance and nutrition.
What are the benefits of Arctic apples?
There are numerous benefits Arctic apples can offer to consumers and the rest of the supply chain:
1) Superior Flavor: Arctic apple slices are known for their home-sliced taste.
2) Less food waste: Arctic apples fresh slices retain their orchard-freshness flavor for 28 days. The industry average is 18-21 days. No more throwing away half-eaten apples or treating fresh cut apples with flavor altering preservatives.
3) Supply Chain: Because Arctic apples stay fresher longer, less fruit is wasted during harvest, packing, processing, and shipping, so more high-quality apples reach consumers.
4) Retailers: Arctic apple slices are the perfect option for consumers, who increasingly seek healthy, ready-to-eat snacks. Our contact-free, grab ‘n go packaging makes it easier than ever to eat on the run, without sacrificing nutrition or taste. The longer shelf life of Arctic apples reduces retailers’ shrink.
5) Foodservice: Arctic apples offer “Less Prep, Less Waste, Better Taste.” Arctic apples are pre-sliced to reduce labor. That leaves operators time to focus on new menu opportunities where apples are not generally used, such as in salads, charcuterie boards, or whatever else can be imagined!
Where are Arctic apples grown?
All Arctic apples are grown in Washington state.
Who makes Arctic apples?
If Arctic apples don’t brown, how can I tell if they’re old or damaged?
Arctic apples do not brown due to their resistance to enzymatic browning. Enzymatic browning happens due to bruising, or exposure to air. Just like any other apple, Arctic apples will brown when they begin to decay. Arctic apples’ nonbrowning feature does not mask rot.