Effective Date: October 2023
- How We Collect Information
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect and Store Your Information
- Your Privacy Options
- Children’s Information
- Your State Privacy Rights
- Cross-Border Transfer of Data
- Acceptance of Terms
- Contact Information
1. How We Collect Information
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. We may collect information about you by the following means:
- Directly from you, when you provide information to us or interact with us.
- Automatically from you, when you utilize or interact with our Services;
- From service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us;
- From online advertising companies who may share information about the marketing and advertisements you have seen or clicked on, and from social networks and other sources of publicly available data; and
- From other third-party sources that provide consumer data, such as information about your interests, demographic information, consumer behaviors, and marketing inferences.
2. Types of Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Transactional information including payment information and payment history if you engage in transactions through the Services;
- Demographic information including postal code or ZIP, age, preferences, interests and favorites;
- Inferences including information about your preferences, interests and purchasing tendencies;
- Device information when you utilize our technology platforms, including as model, serial number, device location, usage data, and operating information;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you through the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- User content you may provide to publicly post via the Services (e.g., comments);
- Online user activity described in the next section; and
- Biographical information when you inquire about or apply for a position with us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including without limitation:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include without limitation:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Services and/or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies may be operated by our partners who assist us in serving ads or providing other services to you. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to:
- To present our Services to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- Provide customer care and support.
- Provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Services.
- Monitor the usage of the Services.
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use information in an aggregated or de-identified manner at our discretion, including for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
5. How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us such as billing and collection, IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, accounting, auditing, and tax services, and other professional services.
- Corporate Event. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OSF’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by OSF about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
6. How We Protect and Store Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect information collected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
7. Your Privacy Options
You may have certain choices when it comes to how we collect and use your information:
- Email marketing. If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email us at email@example.com.
- Online activity tracking. You have several options to prevent our collection of information regarding your online activity:
- You can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies across the internet. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our website or Services may not function properly or be available.
8. Children’s Information
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not provide any information through our Services, or provide any personal information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to promptly delete that information in accordance with applicable law. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
- California provides its residents more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them through the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), as amended in 2020 by Proposition 24, the CPRA. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://cppa.ca.gov/regulations/.
- Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales.
To exercise any of these state-specific rights, please email email@example.com.
10. Cross-Border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal data in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding personal data may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
11. Acceptance of Terms
13. Contact Information