Arctic Apple Maple Shortcake
Harvest is always an exciting time of year. This season brings an opportunity to get creative with fresh apples and have a meal that is transportable, is a people-pleaser, and can be made around the work day. This is a quick one and a twist on your typical strawberry shortcake. Why let strawberries have all the fun?
- Servings 4
- 20 slices Arctic® apples cut into thirds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream (buy or make your own)
- 4 biscuits (buy or make your own)
- Mix apple pieces, maple syrup and cinnamon together
- Cut biscuits in half and layer the desserts: biscuit half, heaping tablespoon whipped cream, apple mixture, and a heaping tablespoon whipped cream. Repeat once and finish with a garnish of slices, and a drizzle of liquid from the apple mixture. Enjoy!